This is part of a project for my Adv Photography II. The three projects I proposed for the semester all involved handmaking silk, bamboo, and soy silk paper. The three processes I decided to use were polaroid lifts, vandyke brown, and cyanotype. The projects were merely experimental to learn about how the photography processes would interact with the fiber in hopes to develop something that tied photography and fiber arts cohesively.
This is a vandyke brown made on processed bamboo fiber. Out of all the fiber prints I've made so far this one is my favorite. Process
Purchased Processed Fiber (Bamboo
, Tussah Silk
, and SoySilk
)Used a Process called Silk Fusion
Created Digital Negatives with Pictorico Premium OHP Transparency Film
Purchased chemicals for Cyanotypes
and Vandyke browns
. I mixed each set of chemicals and applied the emulsion to the paper. After the paper was dry I overlayed the digital negatives over the paper and exposed them to UV light from the sun outside.