It's been a long long time since I posted anything and I made some promises that once I was finished with this project I would post it!
I started this project the first week of July by spinning the wool into yarn singles on my Wee Peggy spinning wheel.
I purchased the wool from Creatively Dyed. It's made out of 70% superwash Merino 30% Seacell fiber. The yarn was spun into singles for a total of 611 yards out of 8.10 oz of fiber. It took me 2 weeks total to spin it all up.
The pattern is Weekend Shawl by Anne Kuo Lukito which can be found on Ravelry. It's a wonderful pattern not too complicated and can easily be knitted while doing other things such as watching Battlestar Galactica or playing Magic the Gathering. There was a few stitches I had never used before and was able to pull up some videos off of KnittingHelp to get that all sorted out. Apparently the shawl can be made in 48 hours if you are crazy or know some how to manipulate time to your advantage with the use of magic LOL
I spent a total of 2 weeks knitting this and was left with 10.5 yards to spare. This version of the shawl is the lace-weight small. Would have loved to make it bigger but didn't quite have the yardage to do so.
Will more than likely take some better photos at some point in time. This is just after drying from being blocked. For more photos of this shawl and the yarn in process you can view the photos I posted here [link]
*UPDATED* color is a bit more accurate now.. extremely hard to get the color correct due to the green towels I have it on.